Monday, May 18, 2009

Winner: The Ruins of California by Martha Sherrill

I appreciated hearing from you all about your growing moments (or the fact that you still are having them). It's important to learn who we are and where we fit into the bigger picture. We are not completely solo beings, we have a place somewhere and there are moments that may seem significant or may not that force you to look at the bigger picture. These moments are so defining.

Beth won the first giveaway here at Book Giveaways! She shares:

My coming of age was when I got married too young at the age of 18. It really make me grow up and realize that I had make a BIG mistake! I guess it was all a part of growing up and it eventually made me a better person even if I didn't realize it at the time. I am remarried now to a wonderful man and much more mature!

Defining moments and coming of age is great. We all make mistakes, but it's learning from those mistakes that makes it worth it. It's maturing and learning, that's what I think life is about.

Anyway, I'll be emailing Beth shortly for her address so the first prize can be sent off. I'm currently reading another book right now and as soon as I'm done with it, you know where it will be posted!

2 comments:

  1. So happy to have won the first giveaway! I have emailed you my information. I am looking forward to receiving the book. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should post more! I so want to enter!!!

    ReplyDelete